There is now video available online of the entire day of great content from the UAMS Parkinson’s Symposium.
I did a chair yoga demonstration at the event, which you can watch at this link. Look for the video labeled “Part 2,” starting at about the 2:22:30 mark. I talk a little about yoga in general and chair yoga specifically, and then we dive right into a demonstration. If you’ve always wondered what my seated chair yoga classes at the UAMS Institute on Aging are like, this is a good little taste. Enjoy!
Want to know more about the latest in diagnosing and treating Parkinson’s Disease? See the rest of the videos for talks on:
- The latest gait research, Tuhin Virmani, M.D., Ph.D.
- Fall prevention and home safety, Mary Margaret Latham, PT, and Hylan Pickett
- Managing Nutrition, Jessica Turker, RD
- Advance Directives, Leah Eisenberg, J.D.
- A patient-experiences panel
- A FAQ panel with the experts
More info on the Ottenheimer 50+ Fitness Center at the UAMS Institute on Aging, where in addition to chair yoga, we offer tai chi and other seated fitness classes that are great for those with Parkinson’s.